Children, Youth, Young Adults, Families – Pastor/Ministry Leader
Burpengary QLD, Australia Full Time
Compensation: $58,000 to $70,000 Annually
Remuneration in accordance with Queensland Baptist guidelines
Hope Community Church is looking for a dynamic leader who will join our team and partner with our heart to see the kingdom of God at work…….
We are looking to invest in the younger generations of our church – children, youth, young adults & families.
There is flexibility to shape the role to suit the giftings and passions of the right leader. We are not looking for one leader to oversee all these areas. The suitable applicant may be passionate about children and youth, or maybe youth and young adults. This is where we have the flexibility to shape the role to the right person.
Hope Community Church is a growing church located just north of Brisbane. We are passionate about seeing people discipled and equipped to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.
We currently see an average of 300 people join us for Sunday church in addition to other ministries that meet throughout the week including various prayer meetings, Connect Groups, Friday night Youth and Kid’s programs, and other outreach programs. We have 2 full-time pastors and two part-time pastors plus other ministry and administrative staff. We are close to starting a building project that will see our facility upgraded and better equipped to host our local community.
Position Description: To be clarified with suitable applicant
The leader we are looking for…
- has an intimate growing relationship with God
- is passionate about seeing this generation of kids, youth, young adults and families, transformed by God’s love and equipped to step into all God has for them
- has excellent skills in developing and equipping leaders and teams
- will need to work well with the broader church staff and ministry leaders and have strong communication skills across generations
- has a willingness to serve in the broader ministry of the church
General ministry responsibilities:
- Create a culture that aligns with the vision, values, and culture of Hope Community Church
- Develop vision & strategy to accomplish the objectives of the ministry
- A relevant qualification in ministry is preferred but not essential
- Prior church-based work is essential
- Pastoral credentials/accreditation are desirable but not essential
- We encourage the teamwork of married couples where applicable
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter to Dan Perkins via this link showing their experience and discussing their potential to fulfil the role. Suitable applicants with be provided with a detailed Position Description.
Applications close 23/02/24