School Chaplain (Full-time/ Part-time)
- Join a progressive & supportive Not-for-Profit organisation!
- Full time – Part time role available
- Based in Condon
Carinity Education Shalom has an opportunity for a School Chaplain to join the team on a full time – part time basis providing support and pastoral care to students and staff and assisting students in finding solutions for social, emotional and academic problems/barriers. This role required availability from 8:00 am. to 4:06 pm.
What do I need for the role?
- Demonstrated experience in chaplaincy, counselling, or other relevant experience, providing pastoral counselling/support services to marginalised adolescent youth and children
- Skilled in conflict resolution, analytical thinking, collaborative decision-making, and effective time management
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Certificate IV in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care or equivalent, including mandatory units of completion in Mental Health, Making Appropriate Referrals, and ether Providing Pastoral Care or Working with Youth
- Valid Work with Children Card (Blue Card)
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to lead Chapel and Christian Living classes across Primary and Secondary
- Ability to create opportunities for faith development of students and advancing the Christian life of the school community
- Skilled in conflict resolution, analytical thinking, collaborative decision-making and effective time management
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for our staff and their immediate family.
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options (pay less tax).
- Be part of a team who are passionate about delivering care excellence.
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others.
- Ongoing training and development.
How do I apply?
Carinity is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic School Chaplain who is committed to working with Carinity Education to make a real difference. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
For more information, view position description or to apply, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.