The church is currently looking for a (sole, senior) pastor with the qualities listed below to lead, teach and train the church in God’s work in our district.
If you are interested, have questions or would like to suggest someone who may be interested, please contact us on the email or phone numbers below.
Desirable Qualities in Pastor
- Someone who humbly lives out his Christian beliefs, with dependence on God (exemplified by strong prayer life) and faith in Him, and who is growing in Christian experience under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Accepts the DBC Basis of Faith and has theologically balanced views on doctrines with the Gospel at the core thereof, accepts the DBC position and practice re women’s roles.
- Biblical preaching making the Word clear and relevant to the daily lives of the DBC members.
- Being a shepherd to the congregation, visiting, encouraging, supporting and training church members to develop and use their talents and gifts for the work of the church.
- Able to relate cross-culturally to the congregation, using appropriate language and examples.
- Able to cope with the district’s affluence while unapologetically maintaining his own standards.
- Having a co-operative leadership style, not top-down. Accepting the principle and practice of congregational government.
- Supportive of the church’s mission focus and also able to lead and train the church in evangelistic outreach.
- Aware of his own strengths and weaknesses and honest and humble enough to seek help where and whenever necessary.
- Having a good sense of humour and able to laugh at himself when appropriate.
- Willing to understand how DBC has worked in the past and to attempt to introduce change only after consulting and explaining why this will be a good idea. He should be able to lead and galvanise the church with a vision of its future.
- We are looking to appoint a pastor initially for 4 days per week, with a view to this position becoming full-time in the future.
Desirable – to live in the DBC manse, (121 Waratah Ave, Dalkeith, next door to the church building).