Karratha Baptist Church (KBC) is looking for a new Senior Pastor to lead our thriving congregation. The Mission of KBC is to be a vibrant body of Christ growing together in God’s word as we share His love in the Northwest. The successful candidate will be driven by their love for God and others, lead with humility, be of strong character and show love with wisdom.
KBC is a vibrant, healthy and growing church situated in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Every Sunday, the church is a buzz of energy and worship. The congregation is a diverse, supportive community with many young adults and families in attendance each week.
Karratha is an amazing place to live and work, with many sporting and community groups, schools, services and infrastructure. The Pilbara region lends itself perfectly to those who love the outdoors, with ample opportunities for camping, boating, hiking and fishing.
The Senior Pastor is a part of the Church Leadership Team which includes the Church Council (on which the pastor sits) and the Ministry leaders. The Pastor is also responsible for the churches paid staff which includes the Associate Pastor and Office Administrator, as well as the members and wider congregation.
The position will come with a salary which is in line with the Baptist Churches Western Australia Award Levels and will also include:
- Housing in Church Manse
- Utilities Subsidy
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Holiday Travel Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Time off for Accreditation Study (to be discussed if necessary)
- Pastors Conference Leave
- Other type of leave and allowances
Please see the linked information pack for further details about the role. If you have more questions about the role, please contact the Pastoral Search Team via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply, please prepare:
- A Cover Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae (with three references)
- An address to the Selection Criteria (See information pack)
- Baptist Churches Western Australia Pastoral Profile or, in absence of this, a brief overview of your Christian History and philosophy on ministry.
- A committed Christian who has been baptised by full immersion as a believer in Christ.
- A relevant level of tertiary theological/ministry education.
- Accreditation as a Baptist Church Pastor, or a willingness to work towards accreditation with BCWA, commencing within 12 months.
- Experience in leadership in a local church or mission.
- Acceptance and agreement with the Constitution of KBC.
- Willing to work towards achieving the current strategic plan.
- Willing, as a family (if applicable) to live in Karratha.