Members of Assembly
The Members of Assembly include:
- Registered Ministers
- The Delegates appointed by QB Churches
- The Director of QB Movement, the Director of Administrative Services, and Members of the Board
- The heads of each Charter Group
- Full time College Lecturers or Deans
Each church that has been recognised as a member of QB is eligible to send delegates to Assembly. Those that have become fully constituted churches are eligible to send an increasing number of delegates based on their membership. Churches under 50 members may appoint two delegates, and then one more delegate may be appointed for each additional 50 members. A church with 120 members, for example, may appoint four delegates to Assembly.
It is important to bear in mind that registered pastors are automatically members of Assembly and do not need to be appointed as delegates of their church.
Delegates must be appointed by their church – generally through a members meeting – be members of that church and be baptised by immersion. The names of the delegates must be advised to QB in writing by the Secretary.
Guide for Church Delegates
John Sweetman has compiled a helpful guide to Church Delegates:
– Advice on Being a church delegate to a QB Assembly