Position Vacant – Executive Assistant/Manager – Full time
About the Organisation
The QB Movement is a committed community of Queensland Baptist churches and their ministries working alongside and with each other under Christ to serve the mission of God throughout Queensland and beyond. QB exists to impact Queensland and beyond for Jesus through a movement of praying churches that disciple intentionally and mission effectively.
QB Services is a diverse group of collaborative specialist ministries within the QB structure that through Christ exist to support, equip and empower the QB Movement via significant engagement with churches. QB Services work jointly to resource churches (to function healthily, mission effectively and disciple intentionally) and to mission strategically on behalf of the QB Movement.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to provide high level executive assistance to the Director of QB Services who provides strategic direction and operational leadership to the diverse range of ministry areas that make up QB Services. In addition, this role functions as Manager for Church Support Services. This involves managing and leading the Field Ministry Team who support the QB Services team in the areas of administration, event planning, marketing, pastoral services, church health, CALD churches, church planting and communications and engagement. This aspect of the role provides an important conduit to the Director of QB Services for strategic oversight.
Please review the position description and selection criteria for more detail regarding the role.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria
- Your resume
- A written reference from your Pastor
- The names and contact details of two professional referees
Applications to be sent to email@example.com by 5:00pm Friday 15 July 2022
Position Vacant – Professional Standards Officer
Queensland Baptists (QB) is seeking a Professional Standards officer to oversee the work of its registered pastors and support its churches.
This is a one day a week (0.2 FTE) role based at the QB Centre, Gaythorne and reporting to the Director of Pastoral Services.
As the Professional Standards Officer, the successful applicant will be primarily responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing complaints made against QB Pastors in relation to the Code of Ethics & Ministry Practice for QB Ministers
- Attending National Professional Standards Officers meetings and provide input back to QB of important content and updates
- Assist and guide churches in managing Persons of Concern within their congregational settings.
The minimum requirements for this role include:
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- A clear National Police Record Check
- A clear Working with Children Check
The key characteristics of prospective applicants include:
- In relationship with Jesus
- Demonstrates Christ like character
- Active member of a QB church
- Energetic and focused
- Solution oriented
- Motivated to improve and impact positively
- Teachable and willing to learn new things
Click here for the Position Description. Remuneration details are available for those who wish to express an interest in the position.
Expressions of Interest close Thursday 30th of June, 2022.
Application or enquiries can be directed to Rev Stewart Pieper, Director of Services, QB at firstname.lastname@example.org , Ph. 3354 5600